A STRONG PARTNERSHIP
The MOCA Jacksonville-University of North Florida partnership enlightens, inspires, and transforms the lives of students, faculty, MOCA audiences, and the greater community by shaping a deeper recognition and appreciation of the art and ideas of our time and their relationship to other disciplines
In 2009, MOCA became a direct support organization of UNF. As a result, the Museum works closely with UNF to expand cultural learning opportunities for students while providing professional enrichment for faculty and staff. On a programmatic level, MOCA hosts faculty-curated exhibitions in the UNF Gallery, as well as classes in its classrooms and auditorium. Moreover, the partnership enables students and faculty to collaborate with visiting artists and scholars, as well as to work directly with objects from the Museum’s Permanent Collection. In turn, UNF supports the Museum through financial contributions and administrative resources that bolster MOCA’s ability create excellent programming. These efforts benefit all MOCA visitors and the community at large. While serving as a cultural institute of UNF, the Museum retains its own independent 501(c)3 status, a separate Board of Trustees, and responsibility for supporting the majority of its operating budget.
EXAMPLES OF THE PARTNERSHIP
- UNF provides administrative and facility resources that bolster MOCA Jacksonville’s ability to create excellent programming.
- MOCA Jacksonville provides professional enrichment opportunities for faculty and staff.
- UNF faculty curates exhibitions in the UNF Gallery at MOCA Jacksonville and makes significant contributions to the Museum’s programming, including curatorial collaborations, lectures, panel moderations, and scholarly publications.
- UNF classes, tours, lectures, and special events are held in the downtown Museum.
- MOCA Jacksonville provides collaborations with students, Museum professionals, living artists, and key academics.
- MOCA Jacksonville launched its UNF student-in-residence program in 2014.
- UNF students work in internships at MOCA Jacksonville.
- Students, faculty, and staff receive free admission to MOCA Jacksonville all year.