A creative and fulfilling place to work
There are many opportunities to get involved with MOCA Jacksonville, whether it’s working at the Museum, participating in our internship program, or volunteering in a variety of areas.
MOCA lists all available positions on this website, but applications must be made through the University of North Florida job portal. Please check back for employment opportunities in the future.
Job opportunities will remain posted until positions are filled. Candidates may be contacted for interviews, however, due to the high level of interest in positions, MOCA Jacksonville does not respond to all applicants. Calls and emails are not accepted regarding the status of employment applications.
MOCA Jacksonville is a registered 501©(3) nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. UNF is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action institution.
- Read the position description.
- Click on the link that follows the description. (Quicklink should take you directly to the listing)
From the main Job Portal Search (https://www.unfjobs.org/)
- Click on Search Postings.
- Under Department, choose MOCA.
- Click on Search.
- Click on the position you are seeking.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for the design and execution of programs to raise funds to support the mission of MOCA. The programs this position is responsible for, but not limited to, supporting the cultivation committee of the MOCA Board of Trustees, developing and managing special giving programs, coordinating and growing corporate sponsorship/donor engagement, coordinating with the Office of Annual Giving to build a phone program/direct mail program/e-philanthropy program, and manage a portfolio of gift prospects. This individual also conducts face-to-face solicitations in support of MOCA priorities.
The assistant director of development will work in coordination with the director of development to create and execute a comprehensive giving program. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to increase giving, bring excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation), and possess a keen ability to multi-task within a creative and collaborative work environment, and with key partners at the University.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and one year of experience directly related to the job functions.
To apply, follow the quicklink here https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/10159
The Accounting Assistant, under the direction of an Assistant Director or above, will assist with the administration of processes and/or programs. This is part-time work performing Accounting and HR functions at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville, a direct support institution of UNF. Work collaboratively with MOCA and university staff to ensure department success. Incumbent must be able to anticipate project needs and discern work priorities to meet established deadlines.
High school diploma and two years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience
To apply, follow the quicklink here https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/9449
server, catering services
NOLA MOCA is hiring servers for catering services and special events. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous fine dining serving experience required
- Excellent oral communication skills required
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- To apply, go to this quicklink https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/8844
catering and prep cook
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Sous Chef or Executive Chef
At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity. Cannot be a current UNF student.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
To apply, follow the quicklink here: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/8973
MUSEUM ART CAMP INSTRUCTOR
MOCA Jacksonville is looking for Art Camp Instructors to implement and support our seasonal camp initiatives, including Winter Art Camp, Spring Art Camp, and Summer Art Camp. The instructor will lead day camps at the Museum for children ages 4-14.
Winter & Spring Art Camp:
Daily sessions are offered for elementary students during holiday breaks from school. Instructors will attend a mandatory training session before camp sessions begin. Instructors will be required to work from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. during camp sessions.
Summer Art Camp:
Weekly sessions are offered to students aged 4-14 during summer break from school. Instructors will attend a mandatory training session in May before camp begins. Instructors will be required to work from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. during camp sessions.
- Candidates must have a college degree. Preferably a Bachelors in Education, Art, Art History or a related discipline
- Minimum 1 year experience working with children in an educational setting
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to enforce museum specific etiquette with students
- Be able to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including students, teachers, museum staff and visitors
- Must have a flexible schedule that will allow for some fluctuation on a weekly basis
To apply, follow the quicklink here: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/9739
MOCA Ambassadors act as first point of contact for visitors to the museum at the guest relations desk and continued engagement throughout the facility. The MOCA Ambassadors play a key role in animating the museum’s mission which is to “promote the discovery, knowledge, and advancement of the art, artists, and ideas of our time”. MOCA Ambassadors act as docents and lead meaningful conversation in gallery discussions and push visitors to experience art from a range of perspectives. The Ambassadors are responsible for facilitating guided tours of the museum, supervising galleries, and engaging guests with additional information about current exhibitions and museum collections. MOCA Ambassadors at the guest relations desk are responsible for welcoming guests, handling admission and membership sales transactions, special event staffing, and managing general customer service needs. The program is open to all graduate and undergraduate students from any academic department but it is necessary that candidates have a passion for museums, art history, and contemporary art.
- Currently enrolled UNF Student from any academic department.
- English proficiency
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity with public speaking
- Passion for museums, art history, and contemporary art
- Excited about facilitating dynamic interactions and conversations with the public, including UNF communities as well as children, youth, and adults
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with MOCA staff and fellow Ambassadors
- Highly reliable, dedicated, responsive to email communication, and punctual
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable working in high traffic areas
- Able to commit to at least one year of docent work, choosing either 10 or 20 hour a week work schedule
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and working knowledge of QuickBooks, Access and PowerPoint
To apply, follow the quicklink here: http://www.unfjobs.org/postings/6150
Art Installer, Seasonal
Under the direction of curatorial staff, responsible for assisting in the installation of exhibitions presented in the museum, ensuring that the vision of the artist and curator is fulfilled.
- Knowledge of contemporary art.
- Experience in the hands-on installation and de-installation of complex exhibitions
- Familiarity with presentation technology such as media players and digital programming display
- Proficiency in interior painting, drywall installation, taping, carpentry, etc
- Able to work as part of a team with have excellent communication skills
- On occasion be willing to work late evening and weekend hours
- Demonstrated practical experience in construction, fabrication and painting of exhibition assets, and appropriate work methods for utilizing necessary power tools
- Ability to work in physically demanding situations, including heavy lifting and working at heights, and flexibility to work out of hours where required
To apply follow the quicklink here: https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/6105
Part-time Security Guard
- Ensure the safety of employees and visitors and the protection of MOCA Jacksonville property and artwork
- Secure various posts on a rotational basis including galleries, access ramps, elevators, and other areas as assigned
- Inspect bags of visitors entering the Museum and staff leaving the Museum when necessary
- Inform visitors and staff of Museum policies and enforce them appropriately
- Monitor and maintain the flow of visitors in all galleries
- Report to chief of security and assist with documenting any incidents related to visitors, staff, or artwork
- Identify safety hazards, suspicious behavior, and potential problems and report to the chief of security and deputy director
- Assist with emergency evacuations
- Provide security at special events
- Perform fireguard duties as qualified.
- Read departmental memos and remain aware of all policy revisions
- Conduct periodic security tours of the Museum store
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure the safety of artwork by patrolling galleries and reminding visitors not to touch works of art
- Perform opening and closing procedures, including locking all doors, checking all floors to ensure that no one is in the building, and arming/disarming the alarm
- Monitor the behavior of visitors at events and during Museum hours in an effort to provide a safe environment for staff and the public
- Report all incidents to supervisor immediately and keep a record of all incidents
- Handle some receptionist duties prior to the opening of the Museum, including monitoring front door, assisting guests, answering telephone, and monitoring deliveries
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of security-related experience, preferably in a customer service-oriented environment
- Class D security license
- Ability to stand for multiple hours
- Good communication skills and ability to interact professionally and respectfully with staff and visitors to enforce Museum policies
- Good computer skills
- Ability to remain alert at all times
- Professional, attentive, and reliable
- Must be available to work weekends
- Punctuality is essential
To apply follow the quicklink here: http://www.unfjobs.org/postings/3855
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records.